This is kind of a dumb thing to write a first DA journal post about, but I'm having a ton of trouble deciding which of two characters I should apply with to , so I figured I'd write them both up and ask the Internet to help me decide. (If you don't watch me because of stupid roleplaying shenanigans, er, I'm sorry.) I'm just going to post links to their profiles on sta.sh and then brainstorm.
Character concept 1: Russell Lindstrom, shiny Staraptor mechanic
- Species definitely won't be overpopulated
- Job/faction isn't likely to be overpopulated; there are a couple of other mechanics, but Atelier in general seems to be low-population, which is good for getting accepted
- Relatively realistic, low-key character capable of a lot of interactions
- Plays to my strengths as a roleplayer, to the point of nearly being a stereotypical character of mine
- Kind of boring, quite possibly very boring
- History will need a rewrite to explain why he's with the Circus, since apparently that's not actually compulsory?
- His being shiny could be a problem / is maybe a little gratuitous, although I could remove it
- Drawing him will involve entering the terrifying debate that is Back-Wings vs. Arm-Wings
- Maybe too safe and predictable in general for me
Character concept 2: Lillian Hardwicke, Gardevoir biological-oddity curator
- Definitely not boring; has a nice carnival-grotesque feel, which could be good in a weird game like this
- Potentially an interesting new experience to play
- Drawing an anthro Gardevoir is not likely to be difficult
- Job is completely unique, as far as I know
- Faction Lune is not super-likely to be overpopulated (might be, but who knows), and there are no other Gardevoir apps that I've seen, shockingly enough
- Actually doing art of her act could be hard, assuming I try to draw it
- Schemer/asshole character, which is not a character type I've had a lot of experience playing
- Not all that open to casual interactions, thanks to the schemer/asshole issue
- Profile is a goddamn novel and incredibly overwrought
- (History may also need some rewrites? CD's backstory information is dense)
So, uh, opinions out there? Are either of these guys viable, or should I be scrapping and starting again?